Annual gynecological exams are very important and can help prevent illness. Our gynecologic services range from routine yearly examinations to treatment of many gynecologic disorders.
Whether you are entering adolescence or experiencing menopause - we can help.
Summary of our gynecological services
- Breast and pelvic exams
- Cervical cancer screening
- Full range of contraceptive services:
- Birth control pills, Depo provera, Mirena, Paragard IUDs, Nexplanon, laparoscopic tubal ligation and Essure).
- Management of menstrual disorders
- Diagnosis and management of pelvic pain
What to expect during your exam
Below is a brief summary of what you can expect during a routine annual gynecological exam. Most exams take about 15 minutes.
- Your medical assistant first checks your weight and blood pressure.
- You then meet with your doctor to discuss: your health concerns and questions, immunizations, possible contraceptive options, your current medications, and your family's health history.
- Your doctor then determines what types of screening or blood work you might need based on your age and family's health history such as: cervical cancer screening (Pap test), mammogram, colorectal cancer screening, and bone density testing.
- Your doctor then performs a breast and pelvic exam to check the overall health of your female reproductive organs.
Aside from yearly gynecological exams, make an appointment with us if you are experiencing any of the following:
- unusual discharge, swelling, or pain in your vaginal area
- suspected exposures to an STD or if your partner has been exposed
- pain in your lower abdomen
- severe menstrual cramps
- irregular periods
- heavy bleeding during your periods
- abnormal bleeding between periods
- problems or pain during sexual intercourse
- bladder leakage or increased urinary frequency
Our experienced and compassionate doctors will evaluate your medical concerns and work to find the best treatment options for you.